Recording studio trptk.com tests NCF – Netherlands July 2017
(TRPTK was founded in 2014 by audio engineer Brendon Heinst and music producer Luuk Meijssen, as a movement against the degradation of sound quality and emotional impact of recordings. The only reason why music still exists as an art form, is because there are artists out there who want to keep telling their stories, regardless of what it will take to do so. They just want to be heard! And we want to be there to pass their message through)
TRPTK did recordings with test power cords powering the Sonodore power supply and preamplifier, one test with a cable fitted with Furutech’s FI-50 NCF and FI-E50 NCF connectors, and then one with a regular generic power cord. The recordings of a piece called Luminous by composer Maurizio Bignone played by cellist Maya Fridman – the cello was chosen as it is such an extremely rich and broad-band sound
The signal path was:
- Sonodore RCM-402 60V active powered microphone
- Mogami 2534 Quad Neglex microphone cable
- Sonodore MPA-502 60V power supply and preamplifier (powered with either Empire, NanoFlux NCF, or generic cable, through the NCF test box’s normal or NCF output)
- Furutech FA-aS21 interlinks (12m)
- Merging HAPI at 352.8 kHz with Premium Input Modules
- Digital Audio Workstation with Pyramix 11
Follow the TRPTK blog HERE
All cabling, both power and audio, were by Furutech.
In my personal opinion, there is no other choice for cabling if you’re only happy with the absolute best.
Being very finicky about my sound, there’s only one cable manufacturer I fully trust.
– Brendon Heinst
…I have to say, after this test, I am astounded by the quality of this cable. You clearly hear there’s so much more space in the recording, such an openness I’ve never experienced before.
– Brendon Heinst
The recordings can be heard below: