α (Alpha) PC-Triple C Power Bulk Cable
The Alpha PC-Triple C forging process at a glance
Step 1: High purity OFC undergoes variable high-pressure forging and folding
|Cross-section before forging||Cross-section after forging|
|Power flow →→→||Power flow →→→||Power flow →→→|
|Crystal grain boundaries are in all directions, not allowing smooth signal transmission.||Continuous transport forging elongates the crystals…||…until the crystals form a longitudinal direction allowing for smooth signal transmission.|
Step 2: The fixed-angle continuous transport forged conductor is then subjected to further a elongation and pressing process to create the super-fine conductors. The conductors then go through a time and temperature annealing process which fuses the crystals to each other. The finished conductor is now Alpha PC-Triple C.
Purity > 99.996%
Conductivity (EC) ≒101.5 IACS%
Tensile strength (TS) ≒250 MPa
Elasticity (E) ≒35% wire (1.3 mmΦ)
Audiophiles are a discerning crowd. They have high expectations of premium power cables, and rightly so. They want a lowered noise floor. Increased resolution. Deeper, tighter bass, improved soundstaging and enhanced imaging. Plus of course a rugged construction with a tight, secure connection. Which is why Furutech’s Alpha PC-Triple C conductor was conceived specifically for audiophile use and developed to deliver the purest power transfer possible.
The precision of a sword
The Samurai knew a thing or two about precision engineering: who could argue with the razor-sharp technology of the katana, the Samurai sword? Key to its craftsmanship was a forging process involving repeated rounds of metal folding. Furutech’s Alpha PC-Triple C conductor mirrors that technique, using an ingenious proprietary forging process in which variable high pressures are applied to high-purity oxygen-free copper, essentially folding the metal tens of thousands of times. The copper's crystal grain boundaries are thus transformed from a vertical direction into a longitudinal orientation, allowing the electrical signal to flow considerably more smoothly along the completed cable. The copper's crystals become vastly more uniform and well-connected both physically and electrically, creating a much more highly conductive cable.
The result is a sound that’s free of artifacts and impurities, delivering a wholly more compelling listening experience. As a result, you'll detect a number of important improvements:
• A lowered noise floor, allowing more music to flow through your system.
• Greater resolution and inner detail, letting you hear even more deeply into much-loved recordings.
• Tighter, more controlled low frequencies, with more three-dimensional textures.
• Cleaner, clearer highs with almost unlimited extension for today’s hi-resolution recordings.
• Greater image focus, with a more precise and realistic reproduction of the soundstage.
• An increase in dynamics throughout the entire frequency range.
Is it really possible to hear such differences from a power cable? Absolutely. But don’t take our word for it – experience the difference for yourself. Replace your existing hi-fi power cords with Furutech’s Alpha PC-Triple C bulk power cable and you’ll feel closer to your music than ever before. Or add them to your home theater system for sharper, clearer video images and truer colors.
- Insulation: Special grade Flexible PVC (Brown, Light Blue, Green/Yellow) diameter 3.5mm
- Inner Sheath: Special grade Flexible PVC (Black) diameter 9.2mm
- Shield: 0.12mm OFC Wire Braid
- Outer Sheath: Flexible PVC (Dark Green) diameter 12.8mm
1. Purity > 99.996% 2. Conductivity (EC)≒101.5 IACS% 3. Tensile strength (TS) ≒250 MPa
4. Elasticity (E) ≒35% Wire (1.3mmΦ)