Furutech’s Ultimate Power Connector Series
＜TRPTK recording studio tests NCF＞
Recording studio trptk.com tests NCF – Netherlands July 2017
(TRPTK was founded in 2014 by audio engineer Brendon Heinst and music producer Luuk Meijssen, as a movement against the degradation of sound quality and emotional impact of recordings. The only reason why music still exists as an art form, is because there are artists out there who want to keep telling their stories, regardless of what it will take to do so. They just want to be heard! And we want to be there to pass their message through)
TRPTK did recordings with test power cords powering the Sonodore power supply and preamplifier, one test with a cable fitted with Furutech’s FI-50 NCF and FI-E50 NCF connectors, and then one with a regular generic power cord. The recordings of a piece called Luminous by composer Maurizio Bignone played by cellist Maya Fridman – the cello was chosen as it is such an extremely rich and broad-band sound
The signal path was:
- Sonodore RCM-402 60V active powered microphone
- Mogami 2534 Quad Neglex microphone cable
- Sonodore MPA-502 60V power supply and preamplifier (powered with either Empire, NanoFlux NCF, or generic cable, through the NCF test box’s normal or NCF output)
- Furutech FA-aS21 interlinks (12m)
- Merging HAPI at 352.8 kHz with Premium Input Modules
- Digital Audio Workstation with Pyramix 11
Follow the TRPTK blog HERE
All cabling, both power and audio, were by Furutech.
In my personal opinion, there is no other choice for cabling if you’re only happy with the absolute best.
Being very finicky about my sound, there’s only one cable manufacturer I fully trust.
– Brendon Heinst
…I have to say, after this test, I am astounded by the quality of this cable. You clearly hear there’s so much more space in the recording, such an openness I’ve never experienced before.
– Brendon Heinst
The recordings can be heard below:
Furutech’s Pure Transmission FI-E50 NCF Piezo Ceramic series connector bodies and housings feature several breakthrough construction techniques.
A multilayer nonmagnetic stainless steel and silver plated carbon fiber shell incorporates a special damping and insulating acetal copolymer. Furutech settled on stainless and silver plated carbon fiber for the outer housing after extensive listening sessions with Japanese industry figures and audiophiles.
The body of the connectors incorporates an “active” damping material: Nano Crystal² Formula - Nano Crystalline, Piezo Ceramic and Carbon Powder
Nano Crystal² Formula --- NCF Powder is a special crystalline material that has two “active” properties. First, it generates negative ions that eliminate static and secondly, it converts thermal energy into far-infrared, which makes it the ultimate electrical and mechanical damping material.
Nano Crystal² Formula eliminates static, “interconverts” thermal, mechanical and electrical energy and damps vibrations—all for the finest Furutech Pure Transmission signal imaginable.
Floating Magnetic Field Effects
The Furutech Earth/Ground Jumper System
How far will Furutech’s engineers go in their attempts to reach Pure Transmission reference quality? Their concentrated examination of each and every element of signal transfer has resulted in another breakthrough technology, the Furutech Earth/Ground Jumper System. It eliminates EMI (Electromagnetic Interference) induced in metal parts like connector housing screws.
Current flowing through the power connector creates a magnetic field, just as an insulated conductor creates both electromagnetic and electrostatic fields. Furutech engineers found this magnetic field induces current flow (and a small magnetic field) in the screws holding the connector together! These magnetic fields interfere with the larger magnetic field around the conductor and connector.
Furutech’s total attention to detail and elegant engineering neatly solves the problem. The Earth/Ground Jumper System connects the securing screws to a ground terminal within the plug completely eliminating the field disturbances they cause. The stray fields are grounded by a series of interlocking parts within the connector that attach to the ground conductor. The Jumper System is available in Furutech SCHUKO Power Connectors.
The Earth/Ground Jumper System Carries US Patent No. 6,669,491/European Patent No. EP1445837
• Earth (Ground) Jumper System (US Patent No.: 6,669,491/ European Patent No. EP1445837)
• Nylon/fiberglass body with a special anti-resonance nano-sized crystalline, piezo ceramic particles and carbon damping material
• Multilayered nonmagnetic stainless steel and silver plated carbon fiber housing incorporating an acetal copolymer. The best of damping and insulation materials improve frequency extension and tonal balance
• Specified for cable diameters from 6mm to 20mm
• Dimensions: Body length 55.4mm x 39.5mm diameter / 93.2mm overall length
• Metal cable clamp improves grip and reduces mechanically and electrically induced distortion