Top-of-the-line XLR Connector
… “I salute Furutech’s engineers for the grind of overhauling the legacy XLR plug and endowing it with their proprietary Nano-Crystal2 Formula. Isn’t it amazing that solely for our playback entertainment, their engineers would labour over creating a better connector? I do believe that they did just that, exactly.
… “For decades already, Furutech connectors have been the choice of the most prestigious high-end cable brands. From the same firm now comes and even better XLR and RCA plug. That’s cause for applause; and a humble thank you!”
—- Srajan Ebaen of 6moons.com
Set screw or solder contacts
Nano Crystal² Formula (NCF) Body material and injected conductor pins
The CF-601M NCF features a body formed with NCF Liquid Crystal Polymer Resin. The resin incorporates nylon, fiberglass, nano-sized crystalline piezo ceramic particles, carbon powder and Furutech special “NCF” anti-resonance damping material. The same special NCF damping material is injected into the CF-601M NCF’s rhodium-plated α (Alpha) Pure copper one-piece construction conductor pins – true innovation!
Incorporated into selected Furutech products, NCF features a special crystalline material that has two 'active' properties. First, it generates negative ions that eliminate static. Second, it converts thermal energy into far infrared. Furutech combines this remarkable material with nano-sized ceramic particles and carbon powder for their additional 'piezoelectric effect' damping properties. The resulting Nano Crystal² Formula is the ultimate electrical and mechanical damping material. Created by Furutech, it is found exclusively in Furutech products.
Furutech’s Two-Stage Cryogenic and Demagnetization Alpha Process
Using cutting-edge technology and materials, Furutech developed a low-temperature two-stage process that significantly improves every facet of audio and video performance. The treatment begins during the manufacturing process with a deep, conditioning cryogenic freeze of all metal parts. Using high-end refrigerants -- liquid N2 or He -- Furutech achieves temperatures of between -196 to -250℃. The treated parts change their molecular structure at these extremes of temperature relieving internal stress. The molecules bond together more tightly, and the overall structure becomes more stable. This improves electrical conductivity and so power and signal transfer.
Step two in the Alpha Process exposes these same parts to the patented Ring Demagnetization treatment. Ordinary high-power magnets used for this purpose often increase magnetic effects; they leave some areas more magnetized than others. This patented process uses controlled attenuation to eliminate magnetization for immediately more vivid and colorful improvements. Ring Demagnetization further enhances conductivity of all treated materials.
ALL metallic parts used in Furutech products go through the Alpha Process treatment to keep all connectors, conductors, and metal parts in a perfect stress-free, stable, and highly conductive state.
• Rhodium-plated α (Alpha) Pure copper one-piece construction conductor pin injected with heat resistant NCF Liquid Crystal Polymer Resin.
• Nylon, fiberglass, nano-sized crystalline piezo ceramic particles, carbon powder and Furutech special “NCF” anti-resonance damping material main body combine heat resistant NCF Liquid Crystal Polymer Resin. NCF delivers improvements in the depth and focus of the sound stage, harmonics and tonal balance. Low frequencies are cleaner, with a greater sense of definition made possible by a lowered noise floor.
• Housing: Multilayer hybrid NCF carbon housing composed of an outer hard clear coat over with another layer of Hybrid NCF Silver plated 3k carbon fiber on a nonmagnetic stainless-steel Housing. The best of damping and insulation materials improve frequency extension and tonal balance.
• Conductor wire fixed by set screw or soldering.
• Specified for cable diameters max. 10.0mm.
• Accommodates: 14AWG (2.08 sq.mm) max. stranded wire / 12AWG (3.3 sq.mm) max solid core wire. Wire diameter 2.1mm max.
Dimensions: ø18.6mm X 64.6mm overall length approx.
Net Weight: 46.9g approx.
2mm hex head screwdriver (H2.0)*1 PC
1.27mm*50L hex head screwdriver(H1.27)*1 PC
Too much torque when tightening of the screws may damage them. Recommended torque values for tightening the screws are as follows.
Conductor wire set screws: 25cN•m (2.55kgf-cm)
Housing fixing screw: 30cN•m (3.06kgf-cm)
Please observe the following solder temperature and time to avoid damage to the insulation. Recommended soldering operation: Temperature: Max. 425 ℃ Approx. Time: Max. 15 secs. Approx.
When using the set screws to secure the conductor wire, the screw should not protrude from the screw hole and make contact with the connector housing - this could cause a short circuit.